This pizza sauce is so flavorful and so easy to make! Why buy pizza sauce from the store when you can make it at home?
Make it in bulk and keep it in a jar for when you feel like eating pizza late at night and don’t feel like cooking. It will keep for 5-7 days in the refrigerator and 6-8 months in the freezer.
Rich in herbs and garlic, this pizza sauce should be on your “must try” list. This is how you prepare!
Pizza sauce recipe: ingredients, preparation
- 420g can of tomato sauce
- 170 grams of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (can be substituted with rapeseed, sunflower, avocado, grapeseed, or other vegetable oils)
- 1 onion
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon aromatic herb mix (oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme)
- a few chili flakes (optional if you want your pizza sauce to be spicy)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (can be substituted with honey or agave – this sweet ingredient is essential to cut the acidity of the tomatoes)
- salt and pepper to taste
Method of preparation:
Wash the onion and garlic thoroughly and chop finely. Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat, add the onion and a pinch of salt, and sauté for 4-5 minutes, until softened and slightly changing color.
Add the minced garlic to the sautéed onions, mix and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients, mix, and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until sauce reaches desired consistency.
Pour tomato sauce into sterilized jars. Let it come to room temperature before putting it in the refrigerator.
Below are two variations of pizza sauce.